Monday, May 19, 2008

Seriously Stinky Stuff

Carpet, carpet, and more carpet. When not properly maintained (and the floors in the place were not), it can be seriously stinky! And draperies Scarlet O'Hara could make several dresses from. Not enough Fabreze in the factory to combat years of neglect!

Fortunately, Rob is on demo patrol. Every last stitch of fabric has been removed from the house, but now resides in the garage (we have a garage!) until Carlos, our partner in rehab and construction can take it away. The stink is almost completely gone.

Next to go is some of the shelving, except for the pieces that are original to the house.

Speaking of original, we have had nightly discussions on what to keep and what to update. Part of me wants to remain true to the mid-century style, but I'm admitting out loud that I'm having a hard time with the pink tile in the main bathroom. I can't tell if it's the color or my general aversion to other people's skeeve. OK, just grossed myself out. On a happier, cleaner note, painting in the kids' rooms is almost complete. They chose pretty traditional boy/girl colors. Go figure.

No comments: